Village Media ("Village" or the "Company") is committed to improving access and opportunity for people with disabilities. This accessibility plan outlines our goals and plans over the next 5 years, is posted and available on our website. Alternative formats are available upon request.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) ensures accessibility planning is integrated into our operations and business practices.
Statement of Commitment
Village is committed to treating all people with dignity, respect and in a way that maintains individual independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Village supports the full inclusion of persons with disability as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. In that, the Company ensures compliance with the accessibility requirements in:
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
- Accessibility Standards of the Build Environment
We strive to ensure every employee receives equitable treatment with respect to employment and services without discrimination.
We meet the accommodation needs of employees in a timely manner as required by the Code and the AODA.
Accessible Emergency Information
Village is committed to providing our publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Village Media provides AODA training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in new employee orientation, updated as policies change and training records are kept on file.
Information and Communications
Village Media is committed to meeting the communication needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Integrated Accessibility Standards and has notified the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports, as required.
Upon request, Village Media will provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner and at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons and in consultation with the person making the request.
If the information or communications are unconvertible, it will provide the person making the request with an explanation.
Village Media is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. Policies in place include:
- Alternative formats are available upon request
- Full website in compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Feedback processes are available and accessible to people with disabilities
Village Media is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
All job postings include the following statement:
Village Media is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. If you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates chosen for interviews will be asked if disability related accommodations are required to participate in the interview process.
- Disability related employment accommodation information is available upon request. Existing Employees
- Disability related employment accommodations are available upon request.
- As part of the return to work process for employees returning from absence due to disability, employees will be reminded to contact their manager/HR for disability related employment accommodations.
Village Media will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account with performance management and career development processes:
- Performance evaluations include questions to ensure existing accommodations are reducing or removing the disability related employment barrier.
- Accessibility needs are included in redeployment processes.
Design of Public Spaces
Village Media will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces could include:
- Accessible parking
- Service-related elements (for example, service counters and waiting areas)
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternative service options available.
The intent of our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan is to prevent, identify and remove barriers or obstacles that stand in the way of people with disabilities from being able to access our service.
Report of Recent Achievements
Village Media has improved accessibility or removed barriers as follows:
- Main floor restroom is handicap accessible, with automated buttons
- Managerial and staff training in AODA and Ontario Human Rights Code
For more information on this accessibility policy and plan, or for a copy in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com
This document is available in alternative formats upon request.
Your feedback is important to us. To help us better serve you, please complete our feedback form.